1. Information We Collect
Information collected directly from you: National Express LLC collects personally identifiable information, such as e-mail addresses, name, home or work address or telephone number when you contact us and provide us with that information.
Other sources of data: National Express, LLC may obtain information about you from other sources, including commercially available sources, such as data aggregators and public databases, or social networks that you use to connect with us. . This information may include your name, demographic information, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media, online activity, and shopping behavior. We may combine this information with the information we collect from you to help us tailor our communications to you and to improve our services.
2. Use of your Personal Information
Whenever possible National Express LLC will seek your consent before collecting your personal information, which can vary depending on the relationship we have with you and type of data collected. We will only use your personal information for the purpose for which it was obtained or for a use consistent with that purpose.
National Express LLC uses the information collected for the following purposes:
- Operate the Site(s) and deliver the services you have requested.
- Respond to your comments, questions or requests for customer support.
- For recruitment purposes, when you apply for a job using our website.
- Contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
- Marketing and Advertising purposes, including delivery of customized content based on your preferences, mail, e-mail communications, as well as information that you may have provided via surveys or feedback we requested through the website.
- Protect the security or integrity of the Site(s).
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions.
3. Sharing Information
National Express LLC discloses information about you to the third parties indicated below:
- Between National Express LLC affiliates and subsidiaries when such disclosure is necessary to deliver our services and fulfill the purposes indicated in this Privacy Statement.
- In the recruitment process your personally identifiable information may be transferred to National Express LLC’s customers, for instance when it is required by contract.
- To third party service providers that National Express LLC has retained to perform a business, professional or technical support function for us, such as to help us perform statistical analysis, perform marketing or advertising activities, support our recruiting website, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. We have entered into the appropriate data processing agreements, which prohibit the third party service providers from using or disclosing your information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on behalf of National Express LLC or to comply with legal requirements
- To respond to judicial process or provide information to law enforcement authorities, regulatory agencies, or other government officials, or otherwise as required by law.
- As part of the sale, acquisition, merger, consolidation, reorganizations, bankruptcy, or other corporate change involving National Express LLC, its affiliates, or its subsidiaries.
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
4. Your right to access or correct your information
Your right to access or correct your personal data may vary depending on the National Express LLC collected the information:
- Information collected directly from you: in this case, when your information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can contact us and we will take measures to correct or complete it.
5. Public Forums
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through National Express LLC public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others.
6. Children’s Online Privacy
We do not intend to collect personal information online from children under 13 or as defined by local requirements, except on sites specifically directed to children. On those Sites we follow applicable data protection laws.
[FOR SITES WITH CHILDREN’s CONTENT] Special Note for Parents and Legal Guardians
It is National Express LLC’s intention to adhere to the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) and the Children’s Advertising Review Unit (CARU) guidelines on the Site.
National Express LLC makes every effort to make your and your child’s visit safe and enjoyable, we urge you to follow common sense when disclosing personal information on the Site or any other site, and we encourage you to monitor your child’s online use and to help us protect your child’s privacy by instructing your child never to provide personal information on this Site or any other without your permission.
[FOR SITES WITH CHILDREN’s CONTENT] Children Under 13 Collection and Use of Children’s Personal
Once collected, a child’s registration information may be used to: (a) fulfill a transaction, such as ship products that have been purchased or send the winner of a contest or sweepstakes the awarded prize, or (b) send the child requested promotional materials, including information about new products, contests, features and enhancements, special offers, and other events of interest (e.g., Birthday Club emails). We may also use the information for our internal marketing and demographic studies so that National Express LLC can improve the services we provide our visitors and to better meet their needs.
Please note that National Express LLC is prohibited from conditioning a child’s participation in an activity – like contests – on the child’s disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in the activity. This means that if National Express LLC does not need a specific piece of information (like the child’s phone number) to allow the child to participate in a contest, we simply will not ask for it.
7. Security of your Personal Information
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the personal information. National Express LLC secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected against loss or theft, and from unauthorized access, modification, use or disclosure. When you provide your personal data using the job application section, your information is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. We also perform annual SOC II audits. In addition, only authorized personnel have access to your information on a need to know basis.
8. Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. National Express, LLC does not share your personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
9. Use of Third Party Websites
National Express LLC Sites may contain links to third-party websites. National Express LLC is not responsible for the privacy practices or other content on websites outside of the National Express LLC Sites. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of third party websites that you choose to link to from a National Express LLC Site so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information.
10. Changes to this Policy
11. Contact Information
National Express LLC welcomes your questions and comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you have any question, concern or believe that National Express LLC has not adhered to this Statement, please contact National Express LLC at email@example.com. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem. You can also contact us at National Express LLC, Attn: Office of the General Counsel, 2601 Navistar Drive, Lisle, IL 60532.
Last Updated: 05.22.18